You went to your doctor to pick up your ECG Test results and a technician in charge of the ECG gave you the results without telling anything except that your results are abnormal. But before you panic and think that you are in Good shape and how it can happen to you, just wait for what your doctor has to say. Abnormal ECG results usually indicate heart problems but sometimes these abnormalities can be due to aging, the drugs you have been taking or because of your some other illness or disease. This can cause the heart to behave erratically. So it is not always necessary that medical intervention is required if there are abnormalities in your ECG report.
Abnormality in ECG report generally means that the electrical system of your heart is not working properly. Abnormal ECG results may indicate heart block, Tachycardia, Bradycardia, Premature atrial contraction, heart attack and many other heart conditions. A heart doctor interprets ECG results to diagnose the medical condition of a patient. This is done by comparing your ECG graph with a normal or standard heart graph.
There is also a possibility that you have completely normal ECG report despite having significant heart problems. This is because ECG results are also affected by the conditions in which the ECG test was taken. An ECG recorded while patient lie at rest may produce normal results as in some cases heart problems are not present while the patient is relaxed. But when the same patient’s ECG is recorded during exercise (also known as Stress ECG or Treadmill ECG) it may uncover heart problems which otherwise can’t be found through ECG taken at rest. Your doctor can also recommend you to wear Holter Monitor at home usually for a period of 24 to 48 hours in case heart problems is not detected by the ECG machine.
Other posts you may find interesting
- What is ECG (Electrocardiogram) Interpretation
- What is ECG Test
- How to buy ECG (EKG) Machine
- What is Stress ECG Test
- Portable Handheld ECG EKG Monitors
- ReadMyHeart Handheld ECG-EKG Monitor FP-RMH
- Easy ECG Handheld Monitor FP180
- ECG Viewer PC-Software for FP180 Monitor
- ECG EKG Disposable Electrodes FP-ELCT
- Electrode cable for Easy ECG Monitor FP180
- Electrode cable for Instantcheck and Readmyheart ECG
- USB cable for Easy ECG Monitor FP180
- USB cable for ReadMyHeart ECG Monitor
- USB cable for InstantCheck ECG Monitor